Crosley carburetor

  • AUNTONAY
    Message 1 of 2 , May 5, 2011
      My name is Jack McEneany and I am the mechanic on a collection of antique cars in Illinois. Recently we aquired a custom bodied Crosley [possibly home built], year of manufacture uncertain. It is missing the carburetor. I am hoping that some one can tell me what make and model of carburetor should be on the engine. The intake manifold mounting studs are 2 7/16's" on center. The throttle bore hole in the manifold is 1" in diameter. I will be very appreciative of any help I can get on this matter as it will allow me to know what part to locate. At that point I can begin to work on getting the car running. Thank you in advance for any and all responses, Jack.
    • vicnvic2@cs.com
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2011
        Hello Jack. I am not a mechanic but am looking for a special bodied crosley built by my father in 1957. The body is fiberglass and the name of the manufacturer was Almquist. You can google the word and there are some pictures of the actual car before it was painted. (also some pics on this ite as well) I have been looking for it for the past 3 years and so far just dead ends. We were living in New York at the time and the car ended up in New Jersey, the last I know of it. But this is just a shot in the dark. If you have any pictures of your project I would be interested to see them
        Thanks and good luck,
        Vic Holderness