A two-wheeled Crosley?

    Message 1 of 4 , May 4, 2011
      Well, this daredevil is driving a '47 or early-'48 CC pickup truck on two wheels, anyway. The location is unknown, but note the palm trees. Also note the cutaway roof, the grille-guards, and the name "Dodge" on the hood. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Crosley/photos/album/839527560/pic/447834550/view?picmode=original&mode=tn&order=ordinal&start=61&dir=asc

      =CCOC=
      Message 2 of 4 , May 4, 2011
        I wish someone could weigh in on those extended bumper over riders.  I own a 50 that has those and what once was 3 cross bars.

        Any help?

      • Peter Berard
        Message 3 of 4 , May 5, 2011
          I also have a set that came on Mr Truk, but no cross bars..............p

          Message 4 of 4 , May 5, 2011
            Those looked good, and saved a lot of Crosley noses from damage over the decades. I haven't been able to find who the aftermarket manufacturer was, and/or if they were offered as a dealer accessory.

            There was a set on my '47 Sport Convertible when I bought it in March of 1968, but they rattled like all get-out so I replaced them with small bumper guards. I found a new-old-stock set at a swap meet, and I used two of the three horizontal bars as bumpers on my '54 Eshelman as the radius curve was a spot-on match.

            =Lou=

            Regards,Robert Kirkwww.kirks-auto.com