Frame interchangability

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28, 2011
      Hi All
      I have a 41 conv body only, my question; Will later model Crosley frames fit under properly enough to make this work ? Looking at pictures of early and later frames they appear to be very similar in size and dimensions with only possible body mounting differences. I don't wish to get rid of the body but get it closer to a roller before moving to a drivetrain. Thanks for any information that can be offered.

      Paul Smith
    • tim foster
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 28, 2011
        I haven't compared frames side by side, but I don't believe prewar and postwar Crosleys shared any parts at all.  Prewars were noticeably smaller than their postwar counterparts, so I don't believe the frame from a CC or CD will fit.

        A friend of mine found a prewar frame with engine in Napa CA about ten years ago - it was sold along with the rest of his Crosley stuff, but if you are looking for a prewar frame for your car I can try to figure out where it went.  let me know-

        tim
        http://crosleykook.blogspot.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2011
          I agree with Tim.  But it shourld be quite easy to have one made if you had a pattern.  Worth checking to see if anyone with a prewar lives close enough to pattern a frame.

        • Trish Pfeffer
          Message 4 of 4 , May 6, 2011
            i have an early 40s inline 4cyl engine that im trying to sell, its a crosley and i think someone would love to have it as a nice piece.. im asking 500..