From CAR COLLECTOR:

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19 4:54 PM
      April 1, 2011

      Q: Greg, I really enjoyed reading about the Crosley you wrote about recently, and how you used to listen to baseball games on your uncle's Crosley radio. How well do these cars do at auctions nowadays, as they weren't a very expensive car back when they were built? Greg, e-mail from Pennsylvania.

      A: Greg, the recent Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale Jan. 18 to 23 featured a bright red 1950 Crosley Hotshot that sold for $25,300 on an average selling book price of $17,000. This is 30-percent higher than the book price!

      The May issue of Hemmings Motor News has a nice little piece on the car on page 34, so you might want to pick up a copy at your newsstand. Hemmings also points to the fact that smaller cars with small engines have been selling for way over book price recently. Also remember that book values are always suspect, and the right price is what the buyer actually pays for the car, be it more or less.

      Thanks for the letter.

      =CCOC=