Mystery Crosley-based sports car surfaces.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8 5:24 PM
      Check our New Photos (Historic Modified) for images of this attractive Crosley-based car, located by Bill Holly in Oregon, who writes:

      It has a Crosley frame, drive train and motor. It is titled as a 1949 Crosley. It is made of fiberglass and is of good quality – no cracks. The front end looks like an old Ferrari Testarossa while the rear end is very "short coupled", as the body just barely hangs over the rear wheels. The guy I bought it from told me the previous owner found it in a field where it had been for many years.

      I have attached a couple of pictures and if you could post it, I would appreciate it. I would love to get the history of the car or maybe the name/history of the builder of the body.

      Thanks -

      Bill Holly
      Oregon

      In a second e-mail, Bill commented further on its history:

      I was told that the car was found out in a field where it had been for many years. I have contacted members of the H Modified racing group. So far no one has come up with an answer as to what it is or who might have built the body. I do know the car came out of Wisconsin at one point.

      I have a title, but I would guess that it belonged to the Crosley "donor" car when the builder used the frame and running gear. Not sure if the vehicle I.D. #106378 was stamped on the frame or not – I will try to find out. The title shows a date of June 25, 1965. I also know that the car was owned at one point by a Mr. Jeff Jagusch of Waukesha, Wisconsin about 10 years ago so I am trying to locate him.

      The body is fiberglass and was attached to the modified Crosley frame using fiberglass, screws or rivets and aluminum panels. Overall, the workmanship seems to be of very good quality; however, at some point, some of the aluminum was removed and the car was altered somewhat. The body is currently just sitting on the frame and can be lifted off.
      Erich Schultz said:

      I don't recognize this car but it looks to me that someone added to a Berkeley S492 and pulled a new mold. The headlamp nacelles and general shape are near spot-on.