Tommy Dorsey's Crosley.

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2011
      THE LYONS DEN (August 16, 1957)
      Yachts Symbolic of Show Business
      By LEONARD LYONS
      When Tommy Dorsey heard Walter P. Chrysler lament: "I don't think I can afford my yacht these days," the bandleader immediately bought it.
      Dorsey bought a tiny Crosley car, and kept it aboard his big yacht, in lieu of one of the lifeboats. He explained: "If, during a storm, I should have to dock somewhere with this car aboard I won't have to wait in the rain for a taxi."