From Santa Cruz, California:

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2011
      I just got a 1941 convertible sedan and it came with a few postwar parts that are up for trade. Also looking for any related info, manuals, photos, etc., and/or people who know about these cars.

      Thanks,

      Michael
      Home: (831)454-9893
      Cell: (831)588-3139

      (Photos are posted.)

      =CCOC=
    • broadsword9@sbcglobal.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 28, 2011
        Greetings to all,

        I want to Thank Lou for his help and phone calls.

        This is my post to the cros_gang, pretty much says it all.

        New to the gang and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Michael Tracy. I just turned 46 on the 17th of Jan and I live in the Santa Cruz mountains of California. I'm a "Jack of all trades" type. I still own 2 commercial salmon boats but have pretty much become a "handy man" due to the lack of fishin'. A while back I thought it would be fun and economical to find and restore a small car. I did a lot of lookin' on the inter net and found out about the Crosley cars. I went and looked at a few but they were overpriced junk, stripped down rusted out shells. Not to say they were ready for the crusher but just to far gone for me to have a chance of gettin' done. I had pretty much given up on a Crosley and was lookin' at Fiat, Hillman, Triumph and others (still may try to get a spitfire) when I found her. On craigslist she was and it was love at first sight. I call her Mabel. To my knowledge she was born in 1941 and is a splendid example of the convertible sedan. As of now she is a complete basket case. The gentleman I bought her from said he got her in the mid 70's. He had pulled the body off the frame and torn down the engine. Then he moved a few times with her in tow. Needless to say "parts are missing" but the good news is that a lot of them are there. He had also picked up an extra block, trans and some post war car parts. I have sense, completed dis-assembly of the body to prep for a new pan and started the tear-down of the chassis. Sense the purchase of "Mabel" I have learned a bit about the Crosley cars. In particular, the difference between pre-war and post-war models. I'm a little bummed cause when goin' into this I wanted to restore enough to drive. Now (because the car is rare enough to warrant it) I'm faced with a complete frame off down to the last nut and bolt restoration. She is a real gem and deserves this so I can't in good conscience slap her together with half measures. This is an overwhelming first project and will take me many years to do right. So I'm still on the hunt for a rolling project. I have picked up a post-war engine that is complete and freshly rebuilt. So at least I have that to put in the second project.
        Well enough ramblings for now. Sorry it was long winded.
        Thanks for all the help thus far and all of the rest of it in the future.
        Michael