Legislative alert:

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2011
      The EPA still intends to increase Ethanol content in gasoline to 15%.

      The CCOC is joining with car clubs nationwide to ask Congress to prevent the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from using designated funds to increase the amount of allowable ethanol content in gasoline to 15% (or as it's commonly called, E15), necessary to protect vintage vehicles from harm.

      This is actually part of budget legislation funding the federal government for the rest of fiscal year 2011.

      If we can get this passed, it will prohibit the EPA from quickly permitting E15 at stations everywhere. We're arguing that more time is needed unbiased, independent testing on what E15 does to engines until there are conclusive scientific findings that it will not harm automobiles of any age.

      Contact your area senator and congressman to urge them to defeat this provision. Thanks!

      =CCOC=