For sale: 1948 Crosley station wagon, converted to a panel truck.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2011
      (Two photos are posted.)
      1948 Crosley station wagon, Canton, CT 06019

      For sale is my 1948 Crosley station wagon. The previous owner did a body-off-frame restoration on it. The body was removed; any rust (there wasn't much) was cut out and repaired with replacement panels (welded in). Chassis parts were cleaned, painted and put back on. The original mechanical brakes were replaced with late model Crosley hydraulic brakes. The car has a late-model Crosley cast iron block for durability and reliability. The side rear windows were filled with sheet metal panels to make it a delivery wagon. The window glass and frames are still with it, and it could be returned to a station wagon if desired. The car is very solid. Some of the wiring has not been attached, and trim pieces also need to be installed. I have not attempted to start it, but I do have a new 6-volt battery for the car. All of the hard work has been done. Any parts not on the car in the pictures are included, as far as I can tell. It should be relatively easy to finish it off and have it running. I do not have any inside space to work on it, and I have another Crosley I am working on. I have decided that I really only "need" one Crosley, due to limited storage space. I would rather have something smaller such as a vintage motorcycle like BSA, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, BMW, Aermacchi, Harley, early Honda 750 Four, sidecar, or even a sailboat for summer use. Local delivery available. Open to any potential swaps; just ask.

      For additional information, see:
      http://item.ebay.com/290526433828#ht_1980wt_912

      Read more: http://hartford.ebayclassifieds.com/classic-cars/canton/1948-crosley-station-wagon/?ad=8712169#ixzz1CNsTV0jc