New Michael Banks book: "Crosley: A Very Fine Car".

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 22, 2010
      List Price: $37.95 or
      $25.05 Pre-order Price

      Book Description:

      "Crosley: A Very Fine Car" is an in-depth illustrated history of America's first compact car, from its beginnings as a rough, back-of-the-napkin sketch in 1937, to its life beyond production and into the 21st Century. The Crosley introduced such revolutionary innovations as disc brakes, the first SUV, a do-it-all farm vehicle, the Cobra engine with its sheet-metal block, surprising styling tricks, retail-store marketing, fuel economy that Detroit still hasn't equaled. Includes some never before published facts and photos.
    • Doug Frantz
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 24, 2010
        How do we order it?
        "Crosley: A Very Fine Car" is an in-depth illustrated history of America's first compact car, from its beginnings as a rough, back-of-the-napkin sketch in 1937, to its life beyond production and into the 21st Century. The Crosley introduced such revolutionary innovations as disc brakes, the first SUV, a do-it-all farm vehicle, the Cobra engine with its sheet-metal block, surprising styling tricks, retail-store marketing, fuel economy that Detroit still hasn't equaled. Includes some never before published facts and photos.

      • Robert Pennington
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 24, 2010
          My preliminary research does not reveal very much.  Amazon's listing indicates: "This title has not yet been released."  I note some information dated in the 2005's??