15% Ethanol update:

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2010
      The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) confirmed that there is insufficient test data to permit E15 to be used in model-year '00 and older light-duty motor vehicles. Our concern is that ethanol increases water formation, which creates formic acid that corrodes metals, plastics and rubber.

      There was a request from the ethanol industry to raise the ethanol content in gasoline from 10% to 15%. We should all oppose E15 until scientific findings prove that it will not harm older cars as a result of corrosion or other chemical incompatibilities.

      Most collector-car issues are handled at the state and local levels. From titling and registration to emissions inspection and maintenance and equipment standards, we're subject to decisions made by state and local officials. Let's work together to protect our cars from unnecessary, unfair or well-intentioned but poorly-written laws and regulations. By speaking out on issues that concern the automotive hobby, contacting our representatives and working constructively with government officials, we have the power to protect our activity and keep it safe for future generations of Crosley hobbyists and enthusiasts.

      NOVEMBER EVENTS:

      CALIFORNIA

      November 13, Lucerne Valley
      Candy Cane Classic IV Car Show
      Sponsor: Lucerne Valley Parks and Recreation
      Information: www.lucernevalleycarshows.com

      FLORIDA

      November 21, Pompano
      Annual Holiday Mega Classic & Foreign Car Show
      Information: http://cruisinsouthflorida.com or 954/563-4000

      INDIANA

      November 28, Indianapolis
      Super Sunday Indy Automotive Swap Meet & Car Sale
      Sponsor: Mid America Promotions Inc.
      Information:708/563-4300 or www.midamericapromotions.com

      NEW HAMPSHIRE

      November 13–14, Lee
      Flea Market at the Speedway
      Information: 978/462-4252 or www.leeusaspeedway.com

      OREGON

      November 20, Albany
      33rd Albany Indoor Swap Meet
      Sponsor: Enduring A's Chapter MAFCA
      Information: 541/926-3972 or www.mafca.com/calendar.html

      TENNESSEE

      November 14, Shelbyville
      Indoor Swap Meet 2010
      Sponsor: Celebration City Region AACA
      Information: 931/684-9379 or 931/294-5055