More on Glenmoor, and a new photo.

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2010
      Powel Crosley's Spectacular Duesenberg Named Best in Show at Glenmoor

      Powel Crosley's incredible one-of-a-kind Duesenberg was named Best in Show at the Glenmoor Gathering on September 19. The car is a 1933 Duesenberg SJ (which indicates supercharged) with a custom-built Beverly Berline body by Murphy Body Company of Pasadena, Calif. The car was purchased new by Powel Crosley, Jr. The new photo in our 'Powel Crosley' album was taken at Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens on the Saturday preceding the show. The Duesenberg's owner is a New Jersey state judge and he drove the Duesenberg on an 80+ mile Countryside Tour, which is part of the Glenmoor Gathering weekend experience. This is a solid seven-figure automobile and the owner drives it and enjoys it, just as we do our cars and the exact way these old cars should be treated and enjoyed. Once again, the show field was terrific. Very diverse grouping of cars, including one of Powel's babies as well. Can't wait until next year.

      =CCOC=