master cylinder

  • rays82porsche
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2010
      I am rebuilding the master cylinder, In the kit is says to use a luubricant called PROTECT-A-CUP (I don't have it) is this neccasary to use? If so where can I get this or what can be substituted?

      49 Convertible

      THANKS RAY
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2010
        It's simply called brake grease.  It's widely supplied with Girling rebuilt kits, red in color and compatable with brake fluid.  I carry it if you can't find it.