master cylinder

  • rays82porsche
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 18, 2010
      Rebuilding the master - the kit supposedly had some type of lubricant
      (called Protect-A-Cup) I don't have it now.. Is this neccessary ? and if so where can I get a replacemnt or what can be subsituted?

      RAY (1949 Convertible)
    • rays82porsche
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 18, 2010
        I am rebuilding the master cylinder, In the kit is says to use a luubricant called PROTECT-A-CUP (I don't have it) is this neccasary to use? If so where can I get this or what can be substituted?

        49 Convertible

        THANKS RAY
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 19, 2010
          It's simply called brake grease.  It's widely supplied with Girling rebuilt kits, red in color and compatable with brake fluid.  I carry it if you can't find it.