For sale: 1947 Crosley sedan in Sunnyvale, California.

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2010
      This one-owner Crosley Sedan has been in Northern California its ENTIRE life. Discovered in a dilapidated warehouse in the San Francisco Bay area late last month on a rumor I had heard (while having a cold one) was where the Crosley had sat idle since 1955. The Crosley was only eight years old, and had only logged 8,361 original miles when it was parked. Unlocking and unchaining the old rickety doors to the warehouse was a challenge in itself; once we got the doors opened and began panning around with lights, we came across the 1947 Crosley Sedan in all her glory, stashed away in the dark for the last 55 years. It seems the owner of the property had passed away many years ago and the family had just now started to sort things out. The car as you can see in the pictures is mostly complete, only needing a few minor things here and there. The Crosley has only logged 8,361 miles. I have the original California title as well as old documentation from the early 1950s. The engine turns over freely by hand and the transmission shifts thru the gears smoothly. Original wheels and tires, and interior and cardboard panels are all present. The floorboards of the Crosley are clean and solid as you can see in the pictures. This is a amazing piece of Americana. Own a piece history. Please ask any and all questions you may have and I will be happy to answer them. Please feel free to contact me by email or call me direct at (650)400-8836 Enjoy the pictures and detailed history of these neat little cars. Please check back with me regularly as I will be posting more from this fine collection. Thanks for looking.
      (Photos are posted.)

      =CCOC=