Crosley Seat

  • melvin
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2010
      Had a '47 sedan to which I attached seat belts to the seats since I was a
      pilot. We had a farm in Indiana where I spent some time in the summer.

      On Saturdays in the barn we shot craps and played poker; just some good ole boys having a good time.

      We soon ran out of booze, so Charley said he'd go get some; could he use my Crosley? And I said yes.

      Now, we all knew about the spring that held the pin in the hole under the seat that sometimes broke and let the pin slide out, and vibration would move the seat left and out of the right side hole.

      Charley had been gone for some time when at last he showed up.

      Charley got out of the car looking a little beat up, and I noticed the
      spinner on the car was busted. We all asked what happened, and he blurted out that he was going down the road when he thought he had a flat tire so he opened the door to see, and the next he knew, he was sitting in the road strapped to the seat and the Crosley went into the ditch.

      Luckily, Charley did recover and we all had a good laugh.