Re: =CROSLEY= 1948 SUV

  • Benny Ridpath
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2010
      Hi Tim:  I am a car guy and I have all the equipment and most of the ability to re-do this car.  When I saw it I thaught it was unique.  It is complete even has the bows for the front part ov canvas top.  It is missing I front bumper guard.  Little to no rust.  Thanks for your info.   Thanks Benny 7/7/10, tim foster <timtmaker@...> wrote:

      From: tim foster <timtmaker@...>
      Subject: Re: =CROSLEY= 1948 SUV
      To: Crosley@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wednesday, July 7, 2010, 2:10 PM

      If this is a real Sport utility you've hit the holy grail of Crosleys.  I think the SUV was the rarest of all postwar Crosleys.  congratulations!

      Motors are fairly easy to come by- you should be able to find a running motor for $500 or less and can probably pick up a rebuildable block for under a hundred.

      i'd love to see a picture if you can post to the photo folder!

      tim

      http://crosleykook. blogspot. com

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2010
        Do you have any pictures you could post of it?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11, 2010
          Its the real deal.  I think I will wait until I finish the restoration.  I am going to start with whats wrong with the engine.  I whill probably not put the canvas top and doors on it but it is cute and complete a little fixable rust in non cridical areas.  Benny