Re: =CROSLEY= 1948 SUV

  • tim foster
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 7, 2010
      If this is a real Sport utility you've hit the holy grail of Crosleys.  I think the SUV was the rarest of all postwar Crosleys.  congratulations!

      Motors are fairly easy to come by- you should be able to find a running motor for $500 or less and can probably pick up a rebuildable block for under a hundred.

      i'd love to see a picture if you can post to the photo folder!

      tim

      http://crosleykook.blogspot.com

      Just recently purchased a 1948 according to the pictures it is a SUV. Is this a vehicle that would justify the expense of a complete restoration? Its cute and complete less the air cleaner but has a stuck motor. What do you think? Benny

    • Benny Ridpath

        Just recently purchased a 1948 according to the pictures it is a SUV. Is this a vehicle that would justify the expense of a complete restoration? Its cute and complete less the air cleaner but has a stuck motor. What do you think? Benny

      • duanegorrell
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11, 2010
          Do you have any pictures you could post of it?

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 11, 2010
            Its the real deal.  I think I will wait until I finish the restoration.  I am going to start with whats wrong with the engine.  I whill probably not put the canvas top and doors on it but it is cute and complete a little fixable rust in non cridical areas.  Benny