Sedan mystery

  • cutworm1959
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 2010
      Hi folks, I rescued an early 46/47 sedan and after a close inspection I have found several differences from my other sedan. The button accel. pedal has a wooden peg beside it. No holes for emblems I understand but it has no holes for the cowel webbing ether. It has a late model cast engine with strapped mains and Carter carb. It still has the small gen and starter set up. I dont understand how these cars still exist so well after 60+ years of use and abuse. Cutworm
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 16, 2010
        -- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "cutworm1959" <cutworm1959@..> wrote:

        "Hi folks, I rescued an early 46/47 sedan and after a close inspection I have found several differences from my other sedan. The button accel. pedal has a wooden peg beside it. No holes for emblems I understand but it has no holes for the cowl webbing ether. It has a late model cast engine with strapped mains and Carter carb. It still has the small gen and starter set up. I dont understand how these cars still exist so well after 60+ years of use and abuse. Cutworm
        "
        =======
        Thanks for saving that car, CW. My '47 sport convertible also has the wooden footrest peg.