Collector Car Appreciation Day.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2010
      Our Great American Hobby:
      the first-ever Collector Car Appreciation Day.

      The U.S. Senate unanimously passed Senate Resolution 513 designating Friday, July 9, 2010 as Collector Car Appreciation Day. This long-time-coming effort raises awareness of the vital role our automotive restoration and collection plays in American society, and another reason (not that we need one) for Crosley enthusiasts to drive and gather at events nationwide to celebrate our day and raise awareness of our great American hobby.

      The resolution was sponsored by Senators Jon Tester and Richard Burr and "encourages the people of the United States to engage in events and commemorations of Collector Car Appreciation Day that create opportunities for collector car owners to educate young people on the importance of preserving the cultural heritage of the United States, including the collection and restoration of collector cars."

      Some events will recognize the importance of preserving our auto heritage by encouraging the restoration, preservation and enjoyment of vintage cars. Get involved;
      drive your Crosley to work! Some official Appreciation Day Events:

      CALIFORNIA
      July 9, Escondido
      Cruisin' Grand
      Sponsor: Downtown Business Association of Escondido
      Info: www.downtownescondido.com/cruisin.html

      July 9, Auburn
      Auburn Cruise Night
      Sponsor: Auburn Downtown Business Association
      Info: www.auburncruisenite.com

      July 9–August 1, Gualala
      Sid Waterman Classic Auto and Art Show
      Sponsor: Gualala Arts Center
      Info: http://gualalaarts.org/Exhibits/Gallery/2010-07AutoShow.html

      July 9, Redondo Beach
      Ruby's Cruise at the Beach
      Sponsor: Ruby's Diner
      Info: www.socalcarculture.com/ Images/CruiseNight_Friday_RubysRedondo.pdf

      July 9–11, San Jose
      Hot San Jose Nights
      Sponsor: Mike Hennessy
      Info: www.hotsanjosenights.com

      July 9, Sante Fe Springs
      Collector Car Appreciation Day
      Sponsor: Egge Machine and Speed Shop
      Info: www.facebook.com/EggeMachineCompany#!/EggeMachineCompany

      KANSAS
      July 9, Wichita
      Collector Car Cruise-in Show
      Info: Frank Upton at 316/371-3000 or frank@...

      MARYLAND
      July 9, Bel Air
      Lowes Cruise
      Info: www.lowescruise.com

      PENNSYLVANIA
      July 9–11, Carlisle
      2010 Carlisle All Nationals

      July 9–10, York
      York Reunion and Nostalgia Nationals
      Info: www.yorknostalgia.com/index.html

      UTAH
      July 9, Layton
      Northern Reality Cruise Night
      Info: 801/682-8330

      July 9, Cedar City
      July Jamboree Car Show
      Sponsor: Tink's Superior Auto Parts and the Cedar City Rotary Club
      Info: www.julyjamboreecc.com

      WASHINGTON
      July 9, Olympia
      Collector Car Appreciation Day Cruise-In:
      Larry Johnson at 360/754-7890 or at lwjohnson@...

      The State Automotive Enthusiast Leadership Caucus is a bipartisan group of state lawmakers, nearly 450 strong, whose common thread is a love and appreciation for automobiles.
      Here are its newest members:

      Pennsylvania
      Representative Eddie Pashinski
      Representative Bryan Cutler
      Representative Richard Geist
      Representative Gary Haluska
      Representative Dick Hess
      Representative Mark Longietti
      Representative John Payne
      Representative Curt Sonney
      Representative Dom Costa

      Texas
      Representative Mark Homer

      ========

      Other news: Kansas legislators deleted provisions from a revenue bill that increased the fees on special-interest vehicles. The language sought to raise the registration fees on these vehicles, including a $10 increase on January 1, 2013, and another $10 increase on January 1, 2014. The revenue bill, without the increased fees on hobbyist vehicles, was signed into law by Governor Mark Parkinson.

      OHIO
      July 9–10, Dublin
      28th Annual Classic Auto Show and Cruise-In
      Sponsor: Arthritis Foundation
      Info: www.arthritisautoshow.com/index.php