Big Racine meet in its third season.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2010
      Hey, CCOC members, I'm happy to endorse this meet in Racine, Wisconsin. I've attended each year with a Crosley, and last year drove my '42 Liberty Sedan there.

      Downtown Racine Corporation Accepting Applications for Micros on the Monument.

      Racine, Wisconsin, June 24, 2010—

      The Downtown Racine Corporation has announced that for the third year Micros on the Monument will be held at Monument Square on Saturday, July 24. The show is open to all makes and models of vintage micros from project cars to concourse. There is no registration fee.

      Applications are now being accepted to participate in this year's show.

      An application form can be downloaded on-line at http://www.racinedowntown.com/microcar.html or call the Downtown Racine Corporation at 262-634-6002 and a form will be mailed to you. There is no registration fee to participate; however all vehicles are asked to be pre-registered prior to the show.

      (A vintage microcar is described as being under 11 feet long and/or having an engine with less than 700cc displacement and having three or four wheels. Some of the typical makes of microcars include the BMW Isetta, Citroen 2CV, Crosley, Daf, Goggomobile, King Midget, Messerschmitt, NSU Prinz, Subaru 360, Vespa 400 and more. Some microcars are also commonly referred to as "bubblecars" because of their semi-spherical shape. Examples of bubblecars are Heinkel, Messerschmitt and Isetta.)

      Micros on the Monument will present a People's Choice Award for the most popular microcar on display. Everyone will be invited to vote for their favorite small car at this big event.

      For more information on this event, please contact the Downtown Racine Corporation or call Jim Garbo at 262-497-8610.

      Jean Garbo, Director of Marketing: Downtown Racine Corporation;
      425 Main Street,
      Racine, Wisconsin 53403

      262-634-6002 (p)
      262-634-1504 (f)