For sale: Two Crosleys in Hagerstown, MD:

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2010
      Posted by Al Good goodshow@... al_scooter2000

      I got a call from Mrs. Lillie Byrd this morning asking me to announce that her two Crosleys are still for sale,

      She is the wife of my friend Ron Byrd who lost his bout with cancer last year. I bought an antique car from her since his death.

      1) 1947 Crosley pickup truck. I personally saw this truck and it is in primer; the mechanics are done.

      2) A 1950 Crosley sedan. Body work is completed and the car is painted. It is covered in their shop and I have not seen it close up. So I can't tell you any more information about it.

      3) There are some extra parts, including at least one engine, and I think she said there is an extra trans too.

      She is asking $6000 for everything. You may call her at her late husband's tire shop in Hagerstown, Maryland.

      301-797-0300 during store hours.

      In my opinion, this is probably a good deal. She has no idea what values are and is only going by receipts that her husband had in a folder. The price may even be negotiable after looking at the cars.

      Al Good