'51 pickup.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2010
      Mechanically Done: 1951 Crosley Pick-Up Project
      Wednesday, June 2, 2010 2:38 AM
      http://bringatrailer.com/2010/05/31/mechanically-done-1951-crosley-pick-up-project/

      Dick Johnson wrote:

      I am a senior and have owned several Crosley's in my life time, loved them all. I have owned two 51 pickups and they were in very good original condition and this was in the 1970-1980's . I bought both pickups in the San Diego area at different times and drove them on a regular basis.

      I am one that always believed a car or truck in this case was made to be driven and I never had a problem with these. The second one I drove 20 miles to work every day running 50/55 on the freeway, no problem. It was working hard at 55 but it would do it.

      I sold it to someone in Costa Mesa Calif. in 1987 and have been sorry ever since.

      I wish I could afford this one but can't do it on S.S. so I just remember how much I enjoyed them. I hope it gets a new owner that will finish it right and drive it.

      I have also owned several American Bantams and drove them as well. Their engine was not as strong as Crosley but it did okay.

      A friend of mine had a Crosley station wagon that he mounted a DeSoto hemi V8 engine right in the middle of it. Got it running but never drove it. Never knew what happened to that car.