For sale: Uncompleted restoration on 1951 CD pickup truck, Placerville CA.

    Message 1 of 1 , May 26, 2010
      Very few of this model were made. It has less than 17,000 original miles. It was purchased new in San Luis, Obispo, and not even registered until the 1980's.

      In 2009, the body was removed for restoration. The entire frame, suspension, shocks, brakes, exhaust, engine, clutch and transmission were rebuilt or refurbished. It has four new tires. The rolling chassis is finished.

      The body has minimal surface rust. The floors and bed are solid. The vehicle is 95%+ complete. The missing parts are non-essential pieces, like emblems, etc.

      This is a project vehicle that needs paint (or not, if you like patina), wiring, upholstery (original seat in truck) and glass. I have the patterns for the glass. It comes with extra parts and most of the rubber seals.

      Mechanical refurbishing alone would cost close to the asking price. I am only selling this vehicle because I have other cars needing attention.

      Please call between 0800-2000 hrs PST 530-642-2463.

      =========

      Photos are posted.