Re: Remember that disastrous Russo and Steele auction last January?

  • daniel
    Message 1 of 5 , May 6, 2010
      The firetruck was at Barrett Jackson not Russo Steele.

      --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "LouRugani" <x779@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > The suit, filed in Arizona Superior Court, cites negligence, gross negligence, breach of duty of good faith and fair dealing.
      >
      > Tri-Rentals, Inc. was hired for the construction and maintenance of the auction site. On Jan. 21, the first night of the event, several tents housing several hundreds collector cars collapsed, damaging scores of cars and causing a two-day delay in the auction..
      >
      > "Under the consultation of Tri-Rentals, Russo and Steele took every precaution to ensure that the attendees and assets of the auction were safe during the scheduled event that took place this past January 2010," said Drew Alcazar, president and co-owner of Russo and Steele in a company press. "Over the past 10 years we have become well respected and established in the collector car community, and work diligently year-round to provide superior customer service to our clients. We want to resolve any issues, make our customers and ourselves whole, and focus on getting back to business."
      >
      > The press release stated: "On the afternoon of Jan. 21, the City of Scottsdale Flood Planning Department notified Russo and Steele of a potential flooding hazard, but allowed the auction site to remain open because of Russo and Steele's diligence in securing the site for visitors. The auction company took a number of precautions to ensure the safety of the attendees, while Tri-Rentals advised Russo and Steele that they were reinforcing the tents, and assured the auction company that the site was secure. Contrary to earlier reports, Russo and Steele took the same precautions as other auction companies in the vicinity in order to prepare for the weather. These precautions included securing multiple industrial water pumps, ordering several hundred feet of commercial concrete barricades, as well as repositioning semi trucks and trailers to block the impending wind."
      >
      > "As the day went on, Russo and Steele worked closely with the City of Scottsdale, who was onsite monitoring the situation, to ensure safety of employees, guests and attendees. Tri-Rentals continual assurances led Russo and Steele to believe the tents were secure. Additionally, Russo and Steele paid Tri-Rentals fees to assume the duty of installation and maintenance of the tents, equipment, and decor during the 2010 Scottsdale auction.
      >
      > "During and after the Scottsdale event, Russo and Steele reached out to its clients in order to assist in any way possible, as it was clear consignors needed an avenue to seek out damages to compensate them for their inconvenience and loss. Russo and Steele prides itself on its longstanding reputation and took the necessary steps to enlist legal counsel to represent the company. As a result, Russo and Steele has been forced to file its lawsuit against Tri-Rentals, Inc. in order to protect its reputation."

    • cutworm1959
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2010
        Thanks Mr G, Lubriplate is good stuff. I will go to Wally and get some. Sorry no wild meat for me thanks. Cut

        --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "Geoff" <gmale@...> wrote:

        > Lubriplate (my favorite heavy lube) makes a "liquid grease) at 1040 weight, that would be excellent in this application, and is available in smaller quantities. It would probably taste better in Mr. Cutworm's fried 'possum specialty as well.

      • Peter Berard
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7, 2010
          I really think that heavy a lube would starve the bearings and gears from proper lubrication and cooling of cluster bushings. Grease will sling outward and stick to the gearbox walls and never reach critical parts. This box was designed for conventional Hypoid.

            Truthfully, if one takes a little time learning how to shift a crash gearbox, it can be done silently with 90 weight. I found that increasing the wt did little for making the shifts better.

            Try making your shifts at the same MPH every time, sorta using the speedo for a tach, counting between shifts, like one thousand, two thousand, and so forth till you find the timing.  Soon you will be making shifts like 18 wheeler driver.  It's all a matter of synchronizing the speeds of the gears while the engine RPM falls.

             Most importantly, be sure that your clutch is completely releasing.  You should never hear  grinding when engaging first or reverse when stopped. If you do witness this, the clutch or the pilot bushing is dragging and you will always have problems shifting whether stopped or moving.

             If the clutch is dragging you only need to properly adjust or replace the cable. Other wise it'll be a bad pilot bushing, warped disc or pressure plate.
             Warped disc usually come from improper alignment while sliding the engine into the trans. Limeys call it "introducing" i.e., "Hello Mr Engine, I'm Mr. Gearbox" .......pete

            PS....Cut, the Worm don't fry his possum. Slowly turns it on a spit. With the head still on.
            Natchly.
          ----- Original Message ----- cationFrom: Geoff
          Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 4:40 AM
          Subject: =CROSLEY= Re: Gear Lube