Breaking news: modified vehicles and restricted uses.

    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2010
      Here's something we might possibly use to discourage potential buyers of
      solid original/restorable cars from modifying them, and it actually
      comes from SEMA, the Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association:
      SEMA has now succeeded in getting its "SEMA Street Rod Custom Vehicle
      Bill" passed in twenty states. In this SEMA bill, original vintage cars
      continue to enjoy unrestricted usage, but the bill restricts usage of
      modified vehicles to specialized occasions. Quoting SEMA: =========
      "Summary of the SEMA Street Rod Custom Vehicle Bill "Defines a street
      rod as an altered vehicle manufactured before 1949 and a custom vehicle
      as an altered vehicle manufactured after 1948. "Provides that vehicles
      titled and registered as street rods and custom vehicles may only be
      used for occasional transportation, exhibitions, club activities,
      parades, tours, etc. and not for general daily transportation. "To
      download a copy of the bill, visit www.semasan.com."