Re: =CROSLEY= Transmission oil reasearch

  • Peter Berard
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4 4:34 AM
      Hey Cut,
        I tried some 140 wt. but returned to 90. Was too thick in the winter........pete
      Message 2 of 5 , May 4 7:52 AM
        Cut, is there any leakage anywhere? Tell you why I'm asking:

        There's rarely any consensus on the topic of differential/transmission lubricants for older cars. I prefer the factory recommendations of 90W for good gearboxes, but if there's major leakage I use a mayonnaise-like Kendall Oil gear lubricant, the name of which escapes me now. I'll check and get back to you.

        (Remember to check your steering-box lube levels, too, everybody.)

        --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "cutworm1959" <cutworm1959@...> wrote:

        "Hi all, is there a better oil to put in our little crash-boxes? I understand they whine normally with GL90W. How bout running straight Lucas additive? Please advise, Cut"
      • cutworm1959
        Message 3 of 5 , May 4 12:07 PM
          Thanks Lou, yes it has caked on grease on the torque tube. Leaking from rear. I saw a fine fellow the other night on a show , Powell Crosley and the 20th Century! You did a great job and your comments are perfectly correct. Cut

          Message 4 of 5 , May 4 12:15 PM
            Thankye kindly Pete, 140 must be thick as gravy at deer camp. I have plenty of good 90w oil from my jeepin days so im set. Cut