Seats.

    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2010
      Crosley@yahoogroups.com
      From: Louis Rugani
      Subject: Seats.
      Date: Friday, April 30, 2010 12:02 PM

      Robert, I'm near Chicago if that'll possibly be of any help to the Canadian gentleman. There are quite a few (comparatively-speaking) 2-cylinder Crosleys in this area.

      On Crosley seating, Eddie: that's rather a common question here, and we get inquiries on seats from new Crosley owners who got their car from previous owners who "really wanted a Crosley, but not really".

      There are actually four separate types of seats that have shown up over the decades in the CCs and CDs, and three separate types of seats in the 1939-1942s. (At least the VCs only used one type of seat.) I'd recommend checking with Service Motors for availabilties; they're a great resource.

      Because of all the confusion regarding seating, we'll create a "Crosley seating" photo archive this weekend which will at at least illustrate some of the variations. Let us know of your progress, Eddie, and keep us posted.

      =Lou=

      The opposite of bravery is not cowardice, but conformity.  Robert Anthony

      =======

      Crosley@yahoogroups.com
      Friday, April 30, 2010 2:39 AM

      Crosley@yahoogroups.com
      Digest Number 965
      1. Boston area pre war
      From: Robert Kirk

      2. Could anyone post some photos of correct seats on a CC?
      From: Eddie
      ______________________
      1. Boston area pre war
      Posted by: "Robert Kirk" kirkbrit@... Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:15 am ((PDT))

      A Canadian is driving to the Boston area.� He is trying to restore a Pre War Crosley and would like to look at an example.� Anyone in the area who can help?

      www.kirks-auto.com
      _________________________2. Could anyone post some photos of correct seats on a CC?

      Posted by: "Eddie" esphotographer@... esphotographer
      Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:57 am ((PDT))

      Just purchased a 47 coupe and the seats are bogus! In fact they are those game rocker deals with speakers in them!
      I had to remove the driver seat to just drive the car! Sat on a tool box. I need some correct seats asap.
      Regards,
      Eddie
      ESP@...

      Post your Crosley stories, questions/answers and memories now; click www.onelist.com/group/Crosley/post

      Visit our CCOC Store: www.cafepress.com/CrosleyClub

      The CCOC: A Fine Club - you see us everywhere.