Modern Motor Swap

  • bronzemouse101
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 7 3:46 PM
      Anyone know of a modern motor swap for the Crosley
      that is about the same weight?
    • Eider de Mello
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7 4:08 PM
        3 cylinder Kubota Turbo Diesel

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 8 9:46 AM
          BMW 4 motorcycle.  But at 200HP it might strain a Crosley.....

        • Foster Furniture
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 8 6:38 PM
            there are not many close in size AND weight two that I have seen are the BMC a-block 850 to 1300 cc  a bit bigger and heavier and one that's a little harder to find but a great little motor is the Opal 1100 cc its all most identical in size and Wight plus it came with a all sincro four speed or a two speed auto trans allso the old (1930s) ford sixty horse v8 but that's a bit more work to get in there .
            My dad did it to one of his crosleys back in the fifties ,boy was that one fast to a 10 year old kid lol Gary Foster