Car-show horror stories, continued.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 5 7:38 AM
      Larry and Linda Adams' Best Car-Show Horror Story:

      Several years ago, we were accepted for entry in the Pebble Beach Concours. I parked our 1947 Lincoln Continental coupe in our class, with an 810 Cord, a Brewster Opera Car, and some other really exquisite cars. It was going to be a tough class. After wiping down the car for the 10th time, I decided to take a break and sat in the front seat with a cup of coffee and the Sunday paper.

      Halfway through the sports section, I lowered the paper and saw a man at the front of the car with both hands on the hood ornament! My first thought was to start the car and run over him. Sanity prevailed, and I hit the horn ring instead. The car had extremely loud horns. As the hood-ornament fondler fell over backward, the white cane hanging on his arm came into view.
      Final Score: One blind guy knocked down.

      Larry and Linda Adams
      Foster City, California