Car-show horror story:

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2010
      Ouch! Where *do* these people come from? That one tops the list, Bob. Me, I've been fortunate over the decades; one episode, though, was:

      In May of 1981 I had my '47 CC Sport Convertible at the AACA Waukegan Region meet at the Lake County Fairgrounds in Grayslake, Illinois. I was in another car next to mine as some guy climbed into my car and started the engine. He seemed rather surprised at the attention that drew ...

      From: BOB ROSS

      Message
      1. Car-show horror stories!
      Posted by: "BOB ROSS" antiqbob@... antiqbob
      Date: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:44 am ((PDT))

      Horror of car shows...

      I was lucky enough to be helping set up the antiq cars at a small mall in Florida.. The cars were all displayed outside with ropes and stancions to protect them.. As I came toward an absolutely beautifully fully restored 1936? Chrysler convertible I realized someone other than the owner was sitting inside the car... When I got to the car I found that it was a woman with 3 young kids PIC-NICING with their Col. Sanders FRIED CHICKEN and using the back seat as a picnic bench...
      I managed to get them out of the car but they were completly clueless and quite upset that I would take their spot away from them.. ..I think it was fortunate that the owner hadnt seen them or he might have had a heart attack on the spot.. Or maybe strangled someone..
      antiqbob.

      Messages in this topic (1)

      Post your Crosley stories, questions/answers and memories now; click www.onelist.com/group/Crosley/post

      Visit our CCOC Store: www.cafepress.com/CrosleyClub
      Crosley Car Owners Club (CCOC) websites:
      <www.onelist.com/group/Crosley>
      <www.onelist.com/group/CrosleyService>
      <www.onelist.com/group/Crosley3>
      <www.onelist.com/group/Crosley4>

      The CCOC: A Fine Club - you see us everywhere.