post auction

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2006
      FWIW,
      The rolls 20/25 was a depression era vehicle..several
      were loaned "bought" at discount for taxi service in
      the UK. Top speed is 50mph and that's
      pushing....about what a Crosely should be expected.
      Top dollar in the collector market is $35M....given it
      would take at least 50M to "correct" the tired vehicle
      a selling price of $44M is more than a tad
      OVERVALUE...I was there for each and every car sale
      (via telephone) and couldn't get a decent bid in to
      value. Goes to show you no matter where, a good
      auctioneer can DRIVE UP prices and the internet is his
      friend!!!! None of the cars went cheap and none at
      what I consider realistic value......
      Was pleased to see the Ralston Purina sedan go back to
      its family....just hope they have the 3-5M $ to do it
      up right!!!

      www.kirks-auto.com

      http://mail.yahoo.com