Re: Hotshot Bonnet

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 4, 2010
      I am with Peter on this one....Hot Shot lock is toward the front. SS is at the rear with the bird on the front....I have never seen it otherwise...
      Regards, Robert Kirk www.kirks-auto.com
    • Peter Berard
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 4, 2010
        Well actually, I said it the other way around, and I'm sure I was wrong, rong, row-ong.  But having owned all of those cars spread out over 60 years or so, my mental pictures tend to fade.
         Bad scrap book I spoze.
        What made me think all the roadsters had the lock in the rear was likely my current Super Sport and it, in fact is in the rear.
         But, I do remember my first Hot Shot had a bird on the front, and I'd swear the lock was in the rear.
          That was 1950.

        And although I have a picture of the car taken then, it's not good enough to remember that either.  Hah!  Pictures are like people, eh?  Just a bit fuzzy with age.  My memory  pictures things with that old Kodak prinking shear look on their edges and cracks in the middle..........pete
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 5, 2010
          I saw you had it backwards and Jim,I think had it right. I had already hit "send" when I caught the error. I don't think the ornament was stock on anything but the SS...FWIW.
          I hold with Hot Shot lock on front and SS lock at the rear. "Mascot" on the front of the SS. Tabs opposite the lock.
          Regards, Robert Kirk www.kirks-auto.com
        • Fred
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 5, 2010

            The lock will to the rear on early HS and to the front on all SS. The interior is a red plastic material, pin grain with a red plastic piping.  There is a pouch on the back.  The appearance is exactly the same as the 53-55 Corvette material - a bit spendy - but exact. I have dimensions of the seat coverings including the side valences. e-mail me for the drawings and photos. the cocpit rubber is available from Service Motors, floor mat from Friday, and the red mottled cardboard interior trim from Little Dearborne in St Paul MN.  Hope this helps.

          • Fred
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 5, 2010
              Oops - I did the same thing!  Lock to the front on the HS and rear on the SS - and some late HS I have seen.