$110,000 Crosley: Barrett-Jackson.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2010
      You might recall the Crosley fire truck at Barrett-Jackson we previewed last week. When it crossed the block yesterday, it hammered for an even $100,000 ($110,000 with buyer's commission). I hope the new owner realizes it wasn't actually built to, you know, chase down and put out fires.

      The question now: Has any Crosley-built vehicle (I won't say Crosley-powered, because this one has a Jeep F-head instead of the Crosley CIBA) ever sold for more than six figures? Anyone?

      As for the clown car at Russo and Steele, that crosses the block today. Or, at least, it was scheduled to – no word yet whether it was in one of the rain-collapsed tents; a sad bit of news that I'll check on ...