Wooden nickel

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2010
      Today I was sorting through a box of odds and ends from the stuff I bought from Bob Heinze. In one of the boxes was a wooden nickel.
      it has the Crosley Automobile Club logo and the address 200 Ridge Rd,E. Williamson N.Y. 14589. Am wondering if anybody can cast some light on this object.
      Thanks, Dave P
    • Kenneth Cahill
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2010
        I believe this address was Jim Bollman's when he was president of the CAC.  I think the wooden nickels were given out as a momento at one of the national meets in Wauseon during his presidential tenure.     Kenn