Re: New member / HotShot barn find

  • Fred
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2010
      David, good luck on the Crosley. I can send you detailed photos of the VC chassis if it would help, remember that the HotShot chassis is different from the sedan/wagons so keep looking or just build one. Mechanicals are easy, many sources, a Homelite or any post Crosley engine will work too. A little extra power never hurt. If you are lucky a chassis might be found, if not, a god replica should be withing your skills - nice job on the Lotus replica! Fred, mncrosley.com
    • david@davidandjanine.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2010
        Yes, I'd love to have any photos you have to share, Fred. I'm leaning
        toward a fairly authentic restoration at this point. Not committed
        yet, but I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the cars, and
        particularly availability of original or reproduction parts.

        I gotta admit, I thought I'd get a bit more response from my
        introduction post. I was under the impression that there was a pretty
        strong, active Crosley community. Looks like you've got a good club
        at mncrosley.com . I'm hopeful there are some enthusiasts around
        here. Being 80 miles from Cincinnati, I bet there are. I hear
        there's a Crosley display at Union Station in Cincy...I might need to
        take a road trip.

        Thanks for replying, Fred! :-)

        -dave

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 6, 2010
          Dave, on behalf of all 350+ of us: welcome to the fold, and Happy New Year. There are indeed many of us near you. We know you're in rather a difficult position having only a chassisless VC body, of which chassis have always been very rare. Other Crosley chassis are not interchangeable.

          I think our silence after your introduction post was partly because there wasn't an actual request for help but rest assured we'll be there for you through your difficult search for running gear. This will be a problem, one I've personally never encountered. Has anyone out there any spare VC chassis parts?

          Lou,
          moderator, CCOC

          Quoting Fred <mncrosley@...>:

          "David, good luck on the Crosley. I can send you detailed photos of
          the VC chassis if it would help, remember that the HotShot chassis
          is different from the sedan/wagons so keep looking or just build
          one. Mechanicals are easy, many sources, a Homelite or any post
          Crosley engine will work too. A little extra power never hurt. If
          you are lucky a chassis might be found, if not, a good replica should be within your skills - nice job on the Lotus replica!

          Fred,
          mncrosley.com "