Happy 2010 to all!

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2009
      As the world enters the new year and a new decade, here's a New Year's Eve greeting to all of our CCOC members:

      Think about it ... our little Crosley cars are a lot like we ourselves are. Here's what I mean.

      Today, the very newest of the Crosley cars is 58 years old, and the oldest (except for Paul Gorrell's venerable prototype CRAD) just reached age 70 this year. Still, every year there are long-forgotten and derelict Crosleys finding new and appreciative owners ... some not even born when Crosley Motors quit on July 3rd, 1952 ... who bring them back into full operation after careful research into preserving their historic integrity.

      As such the many stories behind those born-again little Crosley cars, as well as those cars we've saved and laboriously preserved and driven over the years into the 21st Century, match the stories of our own human condition. Because there's really nothing better than being appreciated and cared for as the years and decades pass.

      So as we enter another new year and new decade in just a few hours and pass yet another double milestone, all these remaining Crosley cars, and we ourselves, have managed to make it through everything yet one more time.

      That's where I see the car/people similarity, and the greatest gift ... to be able to continue on and on while being appreciated, useful and cared for, in graceful retirement.

      The whole concept behind the Crosley cars was a years-long dream by their creator Powel Crosley, Jr. to build something of value, so much so that he gave up nearly all of his lucrative enterprises to make his dream happen despite coincidental tragedies in his personal life.

      Keep your dreams alive, and Happy New Year, CCOCers.

      Lou Rugani and Robert Kirk, co-moderators,
      Crosley Car Owners Club (CCOC)