Crosley Radio honors the Hot Shot.

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2009
      Crosley Radio www.crosleyradio.com is referencing our Crosley cars, specifically the Hot Shot, in its ads for the Autorama radio-phonograph:

      Crosley CR711 Autorama Turntable
      Product Description:

      Crosley Radio founder Powel Crosley was the first U.S. manufacturer to build a production model sports car several decades back, and now the company pays tribute to its founder's grand ambitions with the CR711 Autorama turntable. Housed in a streamlined red chassis that looks like the front grill of a classic '50s roadster, the turntable is designed for vintage car fans, retro freaks, and anyone else who wants an alternative to the soulless, high-tech look. The Autorama is no slouch from a playback perspective, either, with a belt-drive motor that plays 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm records, giving you access to both full-length LPs and classic singles collections. The device even comes with an analog AM/FM radio that picks up your favorite music and news stations, complemented by a striking illuminated center dial. And thanks to the external FM antenna, you'll receive consistently good reception everywhere in the house.
      Best of all, the Autorama is a completely self-contained unit, with a pair of built-in, full-range stereo speakers. The speakers make this a good bedroom, office, or basement "playroom" system, as you don't need anything more than an electrical outlet to enjoy your LPs. As an alternative, you can also connect the turntable to a stereo receiver through the auxiliary output. The CR711 Autorama measures 13.5 by 6.75 by 14 inches (W x H x D) and is backed by a 90-day warranty.

      Classic belt-drive turntable with streamlined exterior based on '50s sports car motif.

      Chrome side speakers, illuminated center dial, and cherry red color call to mind classic roadsters.

      Plays 33-1/3, 45, and 78 rpm records; analog AM/FM radio with external FM antenna
      Built-in full-range stereo speakers; auxiliary output for connecting to stereo receiver
      Measures 13.5 x 6.75 x 14 inches (W x H x D); 90-day warranty

      J. Coulter, Clarksville, IN:
      "I bought this for my fiance just recently. After looking over all the record players i could find i went for this one for 2 reasons. It had the aux. outputs to run to a stereo system and it was the best priced system with that feature.
      The radio looks great we love the old looking display and love the sound that comes form our record collection.
      If you are looking for a record with the above features for a great value, this is the one for you!"

      I Love My Crosley Autorama

      Buck Checkpoint, A little past Pluto"
      "I got this phonograph for the following reason. I wanted to make MP3's of my 78 RPM records, & it's very difficult to find a turntable that plays 78's & has RCA outputs so that you can hook it up to a stereo system as a component unit. This turntable does everything I need, has an AM radio so I can listen to crappy talk radio, & as an added bonus, looks Very Very Cool! I love it! 7 thumbs up for the Crosley people, they do it right!"

      A. Greenblatt, Ancaster, Ontario:
      "Bought for my 13 and 15 year old daughters. They just discovered records! They love it!"

      Crosley CR711 Autorama