As seen on eBay:

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2009
      Cambridge Museum
      Helping you Bond with your Place

      For Sale: Ford Car
      Contact Us

      Poems Index:

      For Sale on eBay:

      One Crosley car all sprayed up with primer,
      Might be a '48er or late '49er,

      Bought it last year from original owner,
      Figured my project could use her as donor.

      Been sittin' outside since I gave up the ghost.
      Kinda lost interest, and
      the wife says it's toast.

      Now she just sits there in the back forty,
      But she gotta be worth
      About thirty or forty.

      'Cause they don't make them no more
      And that's reason enough
      To finish her up
      Even though she looks rough.

      Pulled the motor last year
      When I figured I'd rod it -
      It goes with the car.
      (I think I still got it.)

      My brother come over
      Thanksgiving last year,
      Done jumped on the roof
      After twelve or so beers.

      Thought it had bumpers
      At the estate sale that time.
      If I find 'em they're yours
      And you clean off the grime.

      Steering wheel's missing, and I banged in that door.
      Still mighty rare, folks;
      You can't get these no more.

      Couple of years, she'll
      run like the deuce;
      Burns either gas or tobacco juice.

      So bid her up high!
      Just bear it and grin, Cause it's a darn good Crosley for the shape it's in.

      ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

      (That Crosley for sale, only fit for the dump,
      Must surely be owned by a bit of a chump.

      To allow a Crosley to run down so bad,
      Must plainly imply that the owner is mad.

      Crosleys are meant for use, not abuse;
      And were never intended to be owned by a goose.

      They were built to stand up to our rough wear and tear,
      And they'll beat newer cars at getting you there.

      We are CCOCers, and drive Crosley cars,
      And we know how reliable Crosleys are.)

      You can run them for years with little expense,
      On just gas and oil and plain common sense.