Scam Alert: Crosley Midget Racer on Ebay!

  • timtmaker
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2009
      I'm not sure if anyone on here is bidding on the 1950's Crosley Midget Race Car that's currently on Ebay, but thought I'd offer a warning that the race history and rebuilt race motor are phony.

      The seller implies that he's had the car a long time and offers to include a hand-written race history from the 85 year old previous owner. He also says the motor is a race engine.

      Truth is that the guy bought the car LAST WEEK from a West Coast Club member who did not include (or have any) documentation of the car's racing history (and is not anywhere near 85 years old). the 'race' motor is a completely stock Crosley motor that was pulled out of a car 25 years ago.

      If anyone needs details I posted links and photos on my crosley blog:
      http://crosleykook.blogspot.com

      Anyway, thought I'd post just in case anyone here is thinking about that car.

      tim