Mechanix Illustrated: Oct. 1949

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2009
      By Tom McCahill

      ================

      This brand new miniature American sport car should prove a fiery shot in the arm to its big, somber contemporaries.

      This new car is something to have fun with and enjoy.  Powel Crosley Jr. recently told me he was going to take a crack at the sport-car business.  You can take it from me, it's a very strong bid.  It is the poor man's MG and zips along like a Mixmaster version of a Mercedes.

      I like Crosley himself because he still speaks to me despite some of the things I have written about his products.  It gives me pleasure therefore to find myself so enthusiastic about the new Crosley.  This car will beat the fenders off any stock car of its engine size.  It also has more leg room than any car in America.