Re: [Crosley] hi all ! (you too Gary F.!!!)

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
      Welcome aboard Steve!! I think you'll find this list
      member friendly with no "in crowd" to ignore your
      questions. The racer sounds fascinating!! Tell us
      more about the why and reasons you believe it raced at
      Daytona...and when!!!
      Any chance you could post pics of your collection?
      Regards
      Robert Kirk

      --- steve <scg13803@...> wrote:

      > hey all some of you might already know me.. steve
      > george in central
      > NY with a few microcars and minicars.. some may know
      > I have a couple
      > of Crosleys .... a Farm O Road number 004 , a 52
      > Hotshot, and a rare
      > Racer equipped with modified supercharged engine (
      > all braje with an
      > itallimechanica blower) and morris tranny, special
      > adapter, and racing
      > tires which were cut for this car.
      > tread in the inside, smooth on the outside, disc
      > brakes all around,
      > and fuel cell.. the history of this racer isnt
      > quite clear, but it
      > was deffinatly raced at Daytona way back, and may
      > have had the number
      > "52" on it..that part isnt clear.
      >
      > Im looking forward to learning more about these cars
      > and the history
      > and maybe getting the racer back together sometime
      > soon...if i ever
      > get the time!
      >
      > And for Gary, still have the Saab, she's another
      > project on the burner
      > for sometime soon...
      > email me if you have questions..
      > steveg.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • steve
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
        ---hey thanks for the welcome,
        as for why i believe my racer had history at Daytona.. well I got
        this from the origional owner (who is now 87) and yes it was raced and
        apparently won its index of performance in its class for that year
        which the owner THINKS was 1952... Im still trying to verify that.
        as for the number all I have are pics of a Crosley at Daytona that
        year with 52 on it..which looks like mine, but as most of you already
        know they all look alike... LOL...
        this car was repainted right after the race sometime around 1953-54
        which I have reciepts from a body shop dated then for a paint job.
        Afterward the car was put in storage in a cellar sometime around 1958
        along with a Heinkel Kabine (mine too) and a Hot shot.. and finally
        brought out in 1992 when i stumbled on them.
        The Farm O Road aquired in 96 from a local who had it in his garage,
        we trade a rolling chassis hotshot for it good deal ... the second
        hotshot I got at an auction for $10 !!!

        steveg..

        In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, Robert Kirk <kirkbrit@...> wrote:

        > Welcome aboard Steve!! I think you'll find this list
        > member friendly with no "in crowd" to ignore your
        > questions. The racer sounds fascinating!! Tell us
        > more about the why and reasons you believe it raced at
        > Daytona...and when!!!
        > Any chance you could post pics of your collection?
        > Regards
        > Robert Kirk
        >
        > --- steve <scg13803@...> wrote:
        >
        > > hey all some of you might already know me.. steve
        > > george in central
        > > NY with a few microcars and minicars.. some may know
        > > I have a couple
        > > of Crosleys .... a Farm O Road number 004 , a 52
        > > Hotshot, and a rare
        > > Racer equipped with modified supercharged engine (
        > > all braje with an
        > > itallimechanica blower) and morris tranny, special
        > > adapter, and racing
        > > tires which were cut for this car.
        > > tread in the inside, smooth on the outside, disc
        > > brakes all around,
        > > and fuel cell.. the history of this racer isnt
        > > quite clear, but it
        > > was deffinatly raced at Daytona way back, and may
        > > have had the number
        > > "52" on it..that part isnt clear.
        > >
        > > Im looking forward to learning more about these cars
        > > and the history
        > > and maybe getting the racer back together sometime
        > > soon...if i ever
        > > get the time!
        > >
        > > And for Gary, still have the Saab, she's another
        > > project on the burner
        > > for sometime soon...
        > > email me if you have questions..
        > > steveg.
        > >

        > Regards,
        > Robert Kirk

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • G foster
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2006
          hi Steve good to hear from you agan,and it would be great see that racer
          show up at a meet.I had forgotten that you had the FOR ,this years Nat. meet
          was dedicated to this model you can go to the clubs web site and check out
          photos.please consider joining lots of great folks that are always ready to
          help with any questions and resources.plus the empire regine is in your back
          yard too.the summer get together is coming soon.also glad to hear that the
          Saab is still on your to-do list,if you don,t drive it you can always use it
          for fogging the apples.keep in touch Gary A.Foster (607)965-2071

        • berard_m@bellsouth.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2006
            Steve, what type Saab do you have? I have some parts....peter
            > hey all some of you might already know me.. steve george in central
            > NY with a few microcars and minicars.. some may know I have a couple
            > of Crosleys .... a Farm O Road number 004 , a 52 Hotshot, and a rare
            > Racer equipped with modified supercharged engine ( all braje with an
            > itallimechanica blower) and morris tranny, special adapter, and racing
            > tires which were cut for this car.
            > tread in the inside, smooth on the outside, disc brakes all around,
            > and fuel cell..  the history of this racer isnt quite clear, but it
            > was deffinatly raced at Daytona way back, and may have had the number
            > "52" on it..that part isnt clear.
            >
            > Im looking forward to learning more about these cars and the history
            > and maybe  getting the racer back together sometime soon...if i ever
            > get the time!
            >
            > And for Gary, still have the Saab, she's another project on the burner
            > for sometime soon...
            > email me if you have questions..
            > steveg.
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • steve
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 8, 2006
              ---Peter. its a 66 two stroker wagon... and yes i could use a few
              things if you have anything for it. email me directly scg13803at yahoo...

              In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, <berard_m@...> wrote:

              > Steve, what type Saab do you have? I have some parts....peter

              Service.