Torque Specs: Con Rod and Main Bearing nuts

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2009
      "Don Jeffers" <don.jeffers@> wrote:

      "Hello all,

      Can someone tell me the torque specification for the connecting rod nuts and
      the main bearing nuts?

      Is there an overhaul manual out there somewhere? I am working on a Tin Engine.

      Thanks,

      Don J"
      ================
      Hi, Don. Thanks for preserving that rare Cobra engine!

      Cobra engine torque specs:

      Main-bearing nuts:
      150-180 inch-pounds.

      Connecting rod nuts:
      200-280 inch-pounds.

      And you'll need the cylinder hold-down torque specs: 125-165 inch-pounds.

      ( We'll post this info on our Crosley Service site: www.onelist.com/group/CrosleyService .)

      For overhaul information, I recommend a call to Service Motors at 574-664-3313.

      Good luck, and keep us posted on that engine or anything else Crosley.

      =Lou=

      CCOC

      Major thanks to Pete Berard and Butch at Service Motors for these corrected specs.