Re: =CROSLEY= Little Chief, 1952

  • aenderle3@cox.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2009
      Fghjdfghdri

      From: Bill Cunningham <billsgarage@...>
      Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 09:46:43 -0500
      To: <crosley@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: RE: =CROSLEY= Little Chief, 1952

      Fly & harwood operated as an auto reapir shop and used car lot on Madison Ave in Memphis.  The Little Chief fire trucks were built in their garage and sold to amusement operators.  I am not certain when they went out of business, but their building and property fell victim to the widening of Danny Thomas Blvd. through the center of downtown Memphis sometime in the 1960s.

      To: Crosley@yahoogroups .com
      From: x779@...
      Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 14:32:56 +0000
      Subject: =CROSLEY= Little Chief, 1952

      Bill, thanks for the Fly & Harwood Little Chief photo! It's in our photo archives. What's left of Fly & Harwood these days?

      From: Bill Cunningham

      2a. Re: Little-Toot Comes Home
      From: Howard Ballard

      Messages
      1. Little Chief - Vintage Photo
      Posted by: "Bill Cunningham" billsgarage@ hotmail.com billsgarage2
      Date: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:30 am ((PDT))

      Found a neat vintage photo in the Memphis Commercial Appeal newspaper of a Fly & Harwood Little Chief fire truck in a fire prevention parade in 1952. Just a few blocks from where it was built. Link below:

      http://www.commerci alappeal. com/photos/ 2009/oct/ 09/133988/

      http://clk.atdmt. com/GBL/go/ 171222985/ direct/01/

      Messages in this topic (1)
      2a. Re: Little-Toot Comes Home
      Posted by: "Howard Ballard" tvr3_bc@yahoo. com tvr3_bc
      Date: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:51 am ((PDT))

      Hi Murray,
      I am really west, (Vancouver, B.C. area)
      Howard Ballard