Little Chief, 1952

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 17, 2009
      Bill, thanks for the Fly & Harwood Little Chief photo! It's in our photo archives. What's left of Fly & Harwood these days?

      From: Bill Cunningham

      2a. Re: Little-Toot Comes Home
      From: Howard Ballard

      Messages
      1. Little Chief - Vintage Photo
      Posted by: "Bill Cunningham" billsgarage@... billsgarage2
      Date: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:30 am ((PDT))

      Found a neat vintage photo in the Memphis Commercial Appeal newspaper of a Fly & Harwood Little Chief fire truck in a fire prevention parade in 1952. Just a few blocks from where it was built. Link below:

      http://www.commercialappeal.com/photos/2009/oct/09/133988/

      http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222985/direct/01/

      Messages in this topic (1)
      2a. Re: Little-Toot Comes Home
      Posted by: "Howard Ballard" tvr3_bc@... tvr3_bc
      Date: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:51 am ((PDT))

      Hi Murray,
      I am really west, (Vancouver, B.C. area)
      Howard Ballard

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2009
        Fly & harwood operated as an auto reapir shop and used car lot on Madison Ave in Memphis.  The Little Chief fire trucks were built in their garage and sold to amusement operators.  I am not certain when they went out of business, but their building and property fell victim to the widening of Danny Thomas Blvd. through the center of downtown Memphis sometime in the 1960s.

        To: Crosley@yahoogroups.com
        From: x779@...
        Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 14:32:56 +0000
        Subject: =CROSLEY= Little Chief, 1952

        Posted by: "Howard Ballard" tvr3_bc@yahoo. com tvr3_bc
        Date: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:51 am ((PDT))

        Hi Murray,

        ============ =
        "Murray" <murray.mill@ ...> wrote:

        "Update on Howard's 51 Crosley station wagon that was vandalized a week ago. As of today the car has been returned by Howard to one of its previous owners. This is Murray Mill, of Calgary, Alberta. The car is now Safe & Sound in my garage and has its own fan Club (My two teenage children). We have 4 Crosleys in our 2 Car garage. I think it's time I started a Western Canada Crosley Car Club Chapter! It will be Thanksgiving Day in Canada tomorrow, and Howard Titman has truly given my family something to be thankful for. He has blessed us with the return of "Little-Toot" and now begins the search for replacement pieces for those stolen last weekend in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
        > Murray Mill

        Messages in this topic (3)

        Visit our CCOC Store: www.cafepress. com/CrosleyClub
        Crosley Car Owners Club (CCOC) websites:
        <www.onelist. com/group/ Crosley>
        <www.onelist. com/group/ CrosleyService>
        <www.onelist. com/group/ Crosley3>
        <www.onelist. com/group/ Crosley4>

        The CCOC: A Fine Club - you see us everywhere.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • aenderle3@cox.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2009
          Fghjdfghdri