    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2009
      As I looked thru all the results there were a lot of passes...and even when put in again later in the auction none of the passes seem to have been sold.  Prices in general looked low...the Gullwing should have brough a half million...but there were a few surpises a Jag 2+2 E type for instance.  Tim tracks these things more closely but I think the Crosley sold cheap as did a 39 Austin...those cars simply don't come to market too often...

      As for the Crosley in question it would have helped me thinks that he auctioneer new a bit about the car....monocoque=unibody and while they have a bit of pot metal I know of no alloy bodied Crosely which would certainly have commanded a super premium if true.  I think someone again confused the spare tire carrier for a mini hitch...can't see from the long picture....also a little strange for such a "respected" aution house.

      To quote:

      The Super Wagon was Crosley largest offering, measuring 12' 6" overall (9.75" shorter than a VW Beetle). Despite its diminutive size, it was quite innovative, featuring a monocoque aluminum body and a 725cc overhead valve four-cylinder that produced 27bhp-enough to propel the car to 75mph.

      The example offered here is a California Black Plate car, indicating a life on the West Coast. Previously repainted, it has hardboard door panels and is mounted with a trailer hitch. Offered with a Washington Certificate of Title.