2-cylinder crankcase breathers.

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2009
      Thanks, Butch. Looks like you're right in the demand being limited. Should anyone require one, see Service Motors. When they're gone, I can supply the tubular upright breathers.

      I modified mine with a cap and copper tube to the ground to direct blowby fumes away from the engine compartment. (Air-cooled engines have greater than normal blowby.) I didn't damage the breather in the process.

      Al Calvin says there's an internal PVC-type mechanism within the optional "mushroom" breathers, and that it's usually defective but can be repaired. I still prefer to avoid blowby being released into the engine compartment.

      From: butch46988

      Message
      1a. Re: 2-cylinder crankcase breathers.
      Posted by: "butch46988" butch@... butch46988
      Date: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:41 am ((PDT))

      Hi Lou,

      We do get periodic requests for them, I had 3 for sale (very unusual) at Wauseon, and sold two of them.

      The supply is very limited, but so is the demand.

      This project makes more sense than some others that have been done recently, however, it also depends upon the authenticity of the reproduction. I understand that there is a Ford piece that will work.

      Butch and Fonda Williams, Service Motors, 1-574-664-3313, www.servicemotors.net

      --- In Crosley@yahoogroups.com, "Louis Rugani" <x779@...> wrote:

      > Is there a need out there for reproductions of these?
      >
      > Lou

      Messages in this topic (2)

      Visit our CCOC Store: www.cafepress.com/CrosleyClub
      Crosley Car Owners Club (CCOC) websites:
      <www.onelist.com/group/Crosley>
      <www.onelist.com/group/CrosleyService>
      <www.onelist.com/group/Crosley3>
      <www.onelist.com/group/Crosley4>

      The CCOC: A Fine Club - you see us everywhere.