Clown cars

  • Papajaks@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2009
      My earliest memory of the Crosley automobile was of a cc station wagon in one of the big circuses, going around in circles with a bunch of midget clowns jumping in and out of it. I distinctly remember them climbing out the back window onto a horizontally placed ladder  and they just kept coming and coming.  My only explanation was a hole in the phloor that allowed them to recirculate.  But I couldn't phigure out how they moved the hole as the car drove around.
      Anyway I've been trying to document this use of the Crosley, and so phar, I've haven't phound any.  I've contacted (paid to have researched) the Circus World Museum in Baraboo, WI and the John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art in Sarasota but they were unable to provide any information either.

      Does anybody else have any information, photos, or articles on this Americana?