Anyone have cast iron engine block , bores within standard tolerances, to sell?

  • jsullivan10512000
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2009
      I am rebuilding a 1950 Crosley Hotshot, and found that the cylinder bores on cast iron engine block have deeply pitted large areas in bores upper cylinder areas, above where the pistons were positioned, due to decades of rust from water that sat there---was surprised to see rusted water still there when I took engine apart recently. I believe that water got there from the carb, down intake manifold and through spark plug holes, when hotshot sat out of doors for decades prior to its being stored indoors. I need, prefer, only the cast iron block, as my other engine parts are good, good crankshaft/camshaft, but need new pistons/rings, and one new connecting rod. Would like to have you, or your engine builder install new valve seats and guides in block before shipping to me, rather than my trying to find someone to do that locally. Bores in block must be good, preferably fit for standard pistons, not rusted, scored, oval, tapered properly and within tolerances.
    • W R
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2009
        We have a couple of extra blocks...I guess they are OK, but we've never had a reason to  check. We're located in central Jersey, but go out to Berks Co. Pa on the weekends.

[...]

      • ron doman
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 9, 2009
          I have  one setting in my garage that was rebuilt about 10 years ago .I live in Raleigh NC