Do parts manuals show blow up pictures of all parts, for restoration reference?

  • jsullivan10512000
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2009
      I am restoring a 1950 hotshot, and have original Crosley owner's manual, but no parts manual. Do parts manuals show blow up pictures of all parts, that one could use as reference in rebuild, to be sure all parts are installed in correct places?
    • shirlee smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
        Hi,

        I have Daddy's Parts Book (Crosley Service Parts Model CC, CD, and VC).  Some of the drawlings are enlarged but not all.

        What do you need??? I'll scan it in and e-mail it to you.

        My  e-mail is

        Shirlee Staires-Smith

        I am restoring a 1950 hotshot, and have original Crosley owner's manual, but no parts manual. Do parts manuals show blow up pictures of all parts, that one could use as reference in rebuild, to be sure all parts are installed in correct places?

      • Jack Sullivan
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
          I have original service manual, and copy of it too---from service motors, so don't need pictures from them.  I had hoped that I could get blow up pictures of parts as to where they go, on hotshot/super sports,  to assist in putting mine all together, and to be sure that I don't overlook putting some small part where it belongs, but perhaps no such thing exists.  I am amazed that nobody seemed to put together such a thing, from their own restoration of hotshot or ss!  If you restored a hotshot/ss, perhaps you can give me a little verbal help as to what all you did in your restoration?  Best,  Jack Sullivan

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2009
            Hello Jack,
              I'd hope I might be able to help. I have done the VC deed. I have to agree about the original shop book.
              What do you need to know?  I have had most everything apart on those cars.  Can take pictures of my stuff if I don't already have some.
             Might be a day or two till I can respond...........pete

          • aenderle3@cox.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
              I have a 51 SS and a 49 HS
              I would be happy to take pics of the cars an send along
              Let me know of specific areas or parts
              Regards
              Art E III